Tuesday, December 16, 2008

MANY MONTHS AND MANY MILES


Earlier this year, I stood on the streets of Jerusalem in a snow storm, and freezing to death, was having the time of my life. It's a new time for me now, and I'm enjoying being a 3rd grade teacher at Grace Academy, but it is hard not to miss my home away from home and the people that are there. I have been home almost 7 months and haven't posted...busyness of American life, me being lazy, or something like that. I can't believe how much change change over many months and many miles. In some ways, I am happy with how I've changed, and in other ways I'm disappointed. One thing I do know is that the Lord is refining and defining me day by day and I just need to trust Him for the next step. Right now that would be to go to bed and get good sleep so I am not cranky with my students tomorrow. So I will. But I couldn't help remembering that cold, but amazing day in Jerusalem so many months ago. Today we have 4 to 5 inches of frozen (I know that sounds funny) snow, and today the high temperature was 29 degrees. Tonight before I sat down at my computer, the temperature was 16 degrees and dropping. A new storm is supposed to come in tomorrow night. We'll see. One thing to remember...many months and many miles cannot erase the most amazing memories.

2 comments:

sar said...

rachie...i know you miss it in israel, but i'm sure glad you're home so i get to see you tomorrow!!

can't WAIT!!



lubba, bear

sar said...

sister!

i get to see you again in just a few days! perhaps you should update your blog chickie. you big lazy slacker, lol.

i love you